Memoirs of a Pizza Guy

Two long time friends reminisce:
“I assume my future house will look just like this.”
(displays a picture of Pizza Hut)

I used to live there too Chad.
I even got my P.H.D. there too!
Pizza Hut Deliver 1994! 5000 safe driver hours.

They even give you your gold wings,
and a special hat to wear
to show that you’re better than everyone else.

And, you no longer have to carry your own city map
when you go out on deliveries.
Ah, yes, the finer moments in life:
When you discover who you are!
And who you are not!

When the world is at your feet
When the free pizza is as much free pizza
as you can stand eating.
And the extra hours are available only
to those who are capable of carrying extra hours
for someone else who didn’t want to work that evening.

Aw yes! The good old days.
I am homesick now.
I even got to make my own personal pan pizzas
And I didn’t have to pay for extra cheese either.

The staff was always friendly
And they’d let you make the extra dough
the other shift forgot to make.

Makes me wish Ronald Reagan was in office.
And that I still had my little car!
And my Tony Robbins Powertalk tapes
In the cassette deck to “fire-up to!”

I’d be on the road to prosperity
if I just had my extra motor route back
for the 3 a.m. papers!
A few good friends like you,
And an extra savings account
to make it all work out for me!

Somehow I missed out in life.
Where did I go wrong?

Was it when my vehicle went bad?
When I said the word Sh**
and walked out of the place?

Or was it later in the ‘97 flood
when I traded my 5000 safe driver hours
for Happy Joes Pizza?
And then later...for Deek’s Pizza?

Somewhere between all that hard work…
I went wrong, Chad!
Now what will I do?

How will I spend my $400 in Social Security?
Will there be another Pizza Hut
somewhere in another town
for me to work as a Senior Citizen?
Will they ask for references?
Will you lie for me friend?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog